A four-year bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management that anchors in skill development and real workplace application. South Mansfield College boasts of a fully-equipped HRM Center in which students are honed with their HRM skills. On top of that, SMC provides students with national certification under TESDA on Cookery, Food & Beverage Services, Bread and Pastry , housekeeping and front office.
Certifications in the Degree Programs
- First Year
1. Certificate in Culinary Arts
- Second Year
1. Certificate in Food and Beverages
- Third Year
1. Certificate in Banquet Management
- Fourth Year
1. Certificate in Events and Convention Management
After your first year in the program, you will be able to:
- prepare gourmet dishes, project a developed business image and use industry standards on safety and hygiene
As a sophomore, you will be able to:
- professionally serve food and beverages, design and set up facilities in hotel standards and create and serve banquet menus
During the junior year, you will learn how to:
- manage and control food and beverages operations and style and plate international dishes
By your senior year, you will be able to:
- plan, lead, organize, and control vital hospitality and tourism functions
1. On-the-job training and a possible placement abroad.
2. Establishment of your own restaurant or hospitality business.